H&R Block – Review
Perhaps one of the most recognizable and well known brands in tax filing is H&R Block. The company was first known for its large in person tax service, but its online and software-based tax filing services are readily available today as well. In fact, the company offers users one of the most comprehensive tax software programs available and provides both online and in office support when there is a need for it. H&R Block users should get to know the options available to them when filing taxes.
Tax Products to Choose From
H&R Block offers several tax products for its online offerings. While individuals who visit the in office tax professionals to complete their taxes will pay other rates, the company's line of online products is rather straightforward. The many service available from the company offers:
- A total cost of $9.99 for basic service, which includes in person audit representation if and when it is necessary.
- It offers free federal returns.
- It offers one state return for $9.99.
- Users have the ability to apply their refund through the company and, if they do so, they can use it at over 15 retailers and receive an additional 5 percent refund bonus.
There are various features and benefits offered by H&R Block. The company offers a maximum refund guarantee, for example, which ensures users will get the largest refund whenever they use the retail tax preparation service or the online software products no matter what. Users can also access the Emerald Card, which ensures refunds are received as quickly as possible.
The company's products are several and include:
- Basic Version: A set price that offers service for basic filers including itemized deductions
- Deluxe Version: This one is ideal for those who are investors or who are homeowners who want to get the most out of their taxes.
- Premium Version: This option is an ideal choice for those who are self employed or those who own rental property and need a more comprehensive product.
- Premium and Business Version: This one is the ideal choice for small business owners who are corporations, partnerships, or LLCs and have employer forms and payroll.
The options from H&R Block are far more inclusive than other tax preparers. The company offers various ways for users to access their refund and gives a bonus to users who apply that refund towards specific merchants.